Mobile Crane Operator Safety Training
Our Customized Approach
At MHS Training we understand that no two job sites or facilities are the same and that no lift is ever “usual” or “just the norm.” Each crane operation must consider factors like personnel, working conditions, the load, the type of equipment and more. Our programs are designed to educate operators in the proper use of lifting equipment and material handling procedures for a safe work place today and in the future. Learn more about Our Customized Approach.
- Operator Requirements and Responsibilities
- Safe Operating Practices and Procedures
- Hand and Voice Signals
- Applicable OSHA & ANSI/ASME Safety Standards
- Crane Set-up
- Evaluating Site Conditions and Recognizing Hazards
- Procedures for Working at Safe Distances from Power Lines
- Equipment Overload, Shock Loading
- Supporting Surface Requirements
- Load Control
- Reading Load Charts
- Use of Operator Aids
- Causes of Crane Accidents
- Types of Mobile Cranes, Components and Terminology
- Pre-operational Inspection
- Pick and Carry Operations
- Rough Terrain
- Industrial Cranes / Carry Deck
- Telescoping Boom Cranes
- Lattice Boom Cranes
- Articulating Boom Cranes
- Service/Mechanic Truck Cranes
Call us at 844-755-8523 or complete the online form to get started on implementing a comprehensive training program for your business.
Meet the Trainer
MHS Safety Training's Operator Safety Training program is led and developed by Guy Snowdy whose credentials include over 30 years of experience and extensive knowledge in the material handling and construction equipment industries, particularly powered industrial trucks, aerial lifts, cranes, and rigging equipment.
"Guy’s willingness to tailor the training to our specific needs and the needs of our operators is what truly sets him apart. He picks up on things, sees them and tweaks them to make sure our team understands and is always learning."
- Steve Hess, VP of Safety
Heico Construction Group